Summer is the perfect time for iced coffee drinks. From all the flavored espresso drink recipes and iced coffee drink recipes there are out there, there are so many to choose from. Lucky for you, we narrowed it down to our top five must-try summer coffee recipes!
Here are five drinks that are perfect for a summer day. The best part about these unique drinks is that you can make them any day of the year. Simply replace the iced cubes and cold milk with steamed milk, and you’ll be golden!
Banana Milk Iced Coffee
There are certain flavors that might not sound compatible, and banana paired with espresso might be one of them for you! But trust us when we say that this banana milk iced coffee recipe will introduce you to some of the most delicious flavors you have ever tried.
You will need…
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 large banana
- 1 tablespoon of simple syrup
- 1 cup of chilled cold brew concentrate
Tip—This recipe makes two servings of banana milk iced coffee.
Iced Coffee Drink Recipe for Banana Milk Iced Coffee
- Combine the banana, almond milk, and simple syrup in a bowl.
- Using a spoon or a butter knife, chop the banana into smaller pieces.
- Once the banana is slightly broken up, put the three ingredients into a blender.
- Put your hand on the lid of the blender, blending the ingredients for about one minute.
- Take a sixteen-ounce glass cup, and add three ice cubes to the cup.
- Pour half of the cold brew concentrate into your glass.
- Then, take the blender off the base, and stir the mixture a few times.
- Pour the blended banana milk into the glass until it reaches the top.
- Enjoy your banana milk summer coffee drink!
Iced Caramel Coconut Macchiato Drink
As of right now, one of the most popular and trendy iced coffee drinks is the iced caramel coconut macchiato. The concept for this drink has been around for ages, but the beverage became trendier than ever when iced caramel coconut macchiatos started being sold by the coffee chain, Starbucks.
The name that Starbucks gave the drink was slightly different, but the idea was very similar. Ever since, iced caramel coconut macchiatos have been all the rage. Designed for anyone with a serious sweet tooth, this summer coffee drink has our hearts. The refreshing summer coffee flavors of this beverage will make your summer cooler than ever!
You will need…
- 2 espresso shots
- Caramel sauce
- Coconut milk
- Vanilla syrup
- 4 ice cubes
- Coconut shreds
Flavored Espresso Drink Recipe for an Iced Caramel Coconut Macchiato
- Add a pump of vanilla syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon to the bottom of your cup.
- Pull two shots of espresso.
- Fill your iced cup with four ounces of coconut milk.
- Stir the coconut milk, vanilla, and cinnamon together.
- Add four medium-sized ice cubes to your cup, leaving only two inches of room.
- When the shots finish pulling, slowly pour them over the ice cubes.
- As the espresso slowly trickles to the bottom of the cup, drizzle caramel sauce on top.
- Sprinkle a light dusting of cinnamon on top, followed by a pinch of shredded coconut.
Monin Syrup Cake Recipe for Coffee
As the saying goes, you can't have your cake and eat it, too. But, what if we told you that it’s possible to drink your cake? By following this Monin syrup cake recipe for coffee, you will experience a cake in the form of a latte. The flavors of this coffee recipe taste just like a birthday cake!
Combining a variety of Monin flavors and syrups will make this trendy coffee recipe a success. The company, Monin, distributes a wide array of flavored syrups and flavors, many of which you can order directly from us!
You will need…
- Monin French vanilla syrup
- Monin raspberry syrup
- Monin raspberry puree
- Monin hazelnut syrup
- 2 shots of espresso
- Oat milk
- Whipped cream
- Rainbow confetti sprinkles
- Red sugar sprinkles
- Maraschino cherry
Iced Coffee Drink Recipe for Birthday Cake Coffee
- Take a sixteen-ounce coffee mug, and add a pump of French vanilla syrup to the bottom.
- Follow with half a pump of raspberry syrup, and then a pump of hazelnut syrup.
- Prepare your ground coffee beans for two espresso shots.
- Before you pull the shots, pour eight ounces of oat milk into a steaming pitcher.
- Secure the portafilter into place, and start pulling the two espresso shots.
- As they pull, begin steaming the oat milk.
Tip—If your espresso machine cannot perform both functions at once, that’s okay. In this case, we suggest pulling the shots first, and then steaming the milk.
Vanilla Mint Latte
Two of the most popular coffee drinks are vanilla lattes, and peppermint mochas. People love vanilla lattes because they are simple, sweet, and always available. Peppermint mochas combine the delicious flavors of refreshing mint and rich chocolate, but they are often reserved for special occasions.
Usually only appearing around the winter holiday season, peppermint mochas are not everyday beverages. We thought we’d show you a way to bring these two trendy coffee beverages together, so that you don’t have to wait for Christmas to enjoy peppermint flavored lattes!
On a similar note, even though vanilla is a timeless classic latte flavor, drinking the same coffee beverage every morning can become rather repetitive. Mix things up every once in a while by trying these flavored espresso drink recipes!
You will need…
- Vanilla flavored syrup
- Mint flavored syrup
- Milk of your choice (We suggest almond milk for this one.)
- Whipped cream, if desired
- 1 fresh mint leaf
- Chocolate sprinkles
Flavored Espresso Drink Recipe for a Vanilla Mint Latte
- Add the vanilla and mint flavored syrups to your coffee mug.
- Then, pull a shot of espresso to your liking.
- Steam eight ounces of almond milk for a twelve-ounce drink.
- Add the espresso shot to your mug.
- Pour the steamed almond milk into the espresso, filling the mug all the way to the top.
Tip—If you are planning to add whipped cream to your vanilla mint latte, leave some room at the top of your mug. Add whipped cream to your drink at this step, and then continue on to step number six.
- Sprinkle pieces of shaved chocolate on top of your drink.
- Add a fresh mint leaf as a garnish, and enjoy!
Tip—If you are making this flavored espresso drink in the summer, make it an iced espresso drink instead! Rather than steaming the milk, leave it cold. Combat the summer heat a little more by adding four ice cubes to your cup, too!
Coffee Lemonade Iced Beverage
You hear summer, and you think: lemon. Lemonade, lemon ice pops. But, a coffee lemonade iced beverage? Just, hear us out.
The trick behind the best lemon coffee recipes is to find the right balance between lemon syrup and coffee. When the ratio of coffee to lemon is perfected, that lemonade isn’t used at all. It can be one of the best summer coffee drinks if made correctly. Check out this lemon coffee recipe for an exciting spin on traditional summer cold brew!
You will need…
- Lemon syrup
- Cold brew concentrate
- Ice cubes
Lemon Coffee Recipe
- Take your iced coffee cup, and add two pumps of lemon syrup to the bottom.
- Fill the cup one-third of the way full with cold brew concentrate.
- Add an equal amount of water to the cup.
- Stir the three ingredients together.
- Fill the rest of the cup with ice cubes.
- Stick a straw into your drink, and enjoy!
Summer Coffee Drinks and Summer Coffee Flavors
At the end of the day, summer is all about enjoying the sun and staying cool in the process. When you’re lounging in the sunshine and taking in the beautiful summer views, you can’t go wrong with an iced coffee drink in your hand. We hope we’ve offered some insight into a few of the best iced coffee drink recipes, and made your decision in tasty summer coffee drinks a little bit easier.